Dr. Susan Estep of Atlanta, GA presents a distinguished list of scholastic achievements in her field, beginning with the very prestigious honor of Fellow to the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics (ACE). The Academy created an extensive, rigorous process to evaluate dentists who are committed to advanced learning, attention to detail, and clinical excellence. To earn the accreditation of Fellow, Dr. Estep had to pass an extremely thorough exam and she had to present her own cases in cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry to a panel of strict examiners.
In 2011, Dr. Susan Estep achieved the award of Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD). To earn a Fellowship award, a dentist must complete at least 500 continuing dental education hours, pass a rigorous and comprehensive exam, and maintain AGD membership for three continuous years.
In 2010, Dr. Estep helped found the American Academy for Oral Systemic Health (AAOSH), a group of healthcare providers dedicated to expanding awareness of the relationship between oral health and whole body health. AAOSH members come from all healthcare disciplines and include the nation’s healthcare leaders. Dr. Susan Estep sits on the Executive Board for AAOSH and chaired its inaugural scientific session.
In addition to her Fellowships and Board of Directors experience, Dr. Estep has also been recognized for numerous industry accomplishments in her dynamic career including:
- Voted five consecutive years into the elite group of America’s Top Cosmetic Dentists
- Awarded 2nd place overall for smile makeover category in 2010 Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics Challenge
- Selected by expert editorial board and featured FOUR times in New Beauty Magazine for cosmetic dentistry
- Founding Member of the American Academy for Oral Systemic Health (AAOSH)
- Executive Board of Directors for AAOSH
- Medalled in all 9 cases submitted to ACE Challenge
- Voted consecutively as one of Atlanta’s Top Cosmetic Dentists since its inception in 2008
- Recognized in Who’s Who of America’s Leading Female Professionals for over a decade
- Member of the American Academy of Facial Esthetics (AAFE)
- A medal-winning member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- A medal winner for every case she entered in the last AACD Smile Design Competition
- AAOSH Inaugural Scientific Session Chair
- Sustaining Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Received the certificate of honor from the AACD Give Back A Smile Program
- A member of the Academy of General Dentistry, the Georgia Dental Association, and the American Dental Association
- In addition to completing many hours of post-graduate cosmetic education, Dr. Estep also attended comprehensive, hands-on training courses in aesthetic dentistry at the acclaimed Hornbrook Group, The Dawson Center, and the Seattle Institute and continues to log hundreds of hours of optional continuing education each year
- A regular attendee of lectures at the top Aesthetic Dentistry Conferences in the country and worldwide
- Selected as a Top Dentist in Roswell, GA by the IAD (International Association of Dentists)- a division of the Leading Physicians of the World (Doctors of Excellence)
- A participating member of the Give Back a Smile Program for domestically abused victims who are in need of dental care
- Participating dentist for Atlanta’s Good Samaritan Dental Center
- After graduating with honors from Georgia Tech, Dr. Susan G. Estep received her Doctorate in Dental Medicine from the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry where she spent extracurricular hours in the dental research department studying leading dental technology and logging several hundred hours of performed smile makeovers, veneers, and cosmetic dental procedures. She remains committed to using the best, most advanced equipment and materials in the practice thus enabling the construct of award-winning smiles while providing long lasting results for each patient. Dr. Susan Estep remains fervent in her practice to educate patients on oral-systemic health. She is devoted to overall patient well-being and developed a communications program to promote patient education and advocacy.
- Dr. Estep is married to a local attorney, Steve Estep. They have two children, Sammie and Oscar that are 15 months apart. In her free time (okay, very little free time) you may find her learning to play golf or tennis, working out, at a Georgia Tech or Atlanta Hawks game, traveling, or goofing off with family.